Documentation main page Carbon Release Notes main page
This document describes the latest changes, additions, known issues, and fixes for the Frinx ODL Distribution.
Update - currently the “./bin/status” command does not operate correctly - please refrain from using until further notice. We are working on a resolution to this issue.
Note that FRINX ODL distribution 3.1.0 requires Java 8 (Openjdk 1.8.0-171 or newer)
To install Java:
Ubuntu: In a terminal type
sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre
CentOS: In a terminal type
sudo yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk
New Features, Improvements
- Reduced number of shards to 4: default-config, default-operational, prefix-configuration-shard-config, prefix-configuration-shard-operational
- Modified raft election mechanism to move shard leaders to the same node, all shards will eventually have leaders on one node
- Entity ownership is based on which node hosts the shard leaders
Modified daexim, including startup changes, described at https://frinxio.github.io/Frinx-docs/FRINX_ODL_Distribution/FRINX_Features_Developer_Guide/daexim.html
cli, unified-topology, l2vpn, l3vpn projects added
- daexim import does not work.
- contains critical bugs and is not intended for production use, so odl-netconf-topology was modified so that it can work in cluster. Due to the fact that each node maintains its own connection to netconf devices, connection status reported in operational datastore might be overwritten and not reflect actual state.
- entity-owners contains no data as entity ownership service was rewritten. Entity owners are assigned to the same node that hosts shard leaders.
- Operational state of IOS device cannot be read when VRF is configured on the device and the device is mounted via SSH.
- CLI telnet connectivity with reverse telnet on Cisco devices see here is not supported in this release.
- When a specific query is issued with regards to a child reader e.g. AreaReader in OSPF for XR, default data is being returned for non-existent instances.
Opendaylight Carbon Release Notes
The Frinx controller 3.1.0 is based on OpenDaylight Carbon.
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Simultaneous_Release/Carbon/Release_Notes https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Simultaneous_Release:Carbon_Release_Plan https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/BGP_LS_PCEP:Carbon_Release_Notes